The Hermsdorf porcelain factory was founded in 1890. At that time, the company initially produced tableware, but at the same time began to develop electroporcelain. The close cooperation with users led to an important invention in electrical engineering in 1897: the delta bell. Thanks to this invention, Hermsdorf is regarded as the "cradle of high-voltage ceramics".
130 years of tradition in technical ceramics
Tradition and innovation form an inseparable unit in the porcelain factory. Our products show the technical ceramics in the change of the times. Today we manufacture ceramic honeycombs as heat exchangers and catalyst carriers. We supply equipment for casting and melting processes, e.g. kiln furniture, as well as grinding vessels and drum mills for the basic industry.
We also offer a wide variety of parts for mechanical engineering, such as control pulleys and insulating parts made of hard porcelain, or wear protection for apparatus engineering. In addition, there are components made of steatite for high-frequency applications and special ceramics. All our products help make industrial processes and technical equipment more efficient, more powerful and thus also more environmentally friendly.
Flexibility and material diversity
We have remained true to research and development to this day - and will continue to do so. On the one hand we are constantly improving products and manufacturing technologies. On the other, innovation is an important core of the company. Development projects with customers and research institutes are a guarantee for technical progress and our entrepreneurial future. Due to our flexibility and variety of materials, we are able to respond to special customer requests at short notice. Our own mold and model making facilities enable us to implement all product ideas in a customer-specific manner. Quality leadership and market-defining innovations are and remain the goals of our 125 employees.
Porzellanfabrik Hermsdorf GmbH
T: +49-(0)3 66 01-9 37 30